Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week Sixteen

Here are some pictures from week sixteen. I hope that we don't get to the 19th week, because I'm not sure how to spell that...

July 8, 2008.

July 13, 2008. Roof done, thank God.

Windows would be creepier if they all looked like this.

The front bedroom, demonstrating how they pour and level the cement. After laying out some string to make a flat surface, they pour these concrete guides. That's the level that the floor will come to. Underneath is the iron curtain, if you will, which is just a steel reinforcement for the poured concrete.

OK, I have to admit that I was definitely skeptical when my father-in-law Honorio and I planted sticks in the ground (see Week Ten). But sure enough, the damn things started to sprout like crazy, and seemingly out of nowhere! Now they're covered in these little spines, which will presumably become branches.
So, I'll get you some more pictures next week. Thanks for looking!

No comments: